The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/13/2018 11:33 am  #1

This about sums it up

From 'Authoritarianism 101': 

Trump Refuses Question From CNN's Jim Acosta:

"CNN Is Fake News" Posted By Ian Schwartz

On Date July 13, 2018   President Trump refused a question from CNN's Jim Acosta at a joint press conference Friday afternoon with UK Prime Minister Theresa May in Buckinghamshire.

Earlier in the press conference, Trump called out CNN after receiving a question from NBC News reporter Hallie Jackson. Trump said NBC is "possibly worse than CNN."

"Mr. President, since you attacked CNN, can I ask you a question?" Acosta asked Trump. 

"[FOX News correspondent] John Roberts go ahead," he said.

"Can I ask you a question?" Acosta persisted.

"No," Trump told him.

"CNN is fake news," Trump said. "I don't take questions from CNN. CNN is fake news. I don't take questions from CNN."

Acosta brought the press conference to a halt insisting that the U.S. president take his question. Trump tried to move things along by calling on Roberts again.

"John Roberts from FOX, let's go to a real network," Trump said

"Well, we're a real network too," Acosta said, having the last word.

Last edited by Just Fred (7/13/2018 11:36 am)

7/13/2018 1:33 pm  #2

Re: This about sums it up

Every reporter should have walked out.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/13/2018 5:58 pm  #3

Re: This about sums it up

"Can I ask you a question?" Acosta persisted.

"No," Trump told him.

"CNN is fake news," Trump said. "I don't take questions from CNN. CNN is fake news. I don't take questions from CNN."

Ok, let's re-wind the tape:  A reporter asks if he could answer a question.  Trump says, "no" because the reporter represents a media outlet he doesn't approve of.  Welcome to the world of authoritarian fascism.

Board footera