The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/12/2018 8:07 am  #1

Shed No Tears For Paul Ryan

Paul Ryan will easily add to his already considerable net worth if he opts to stray from his native Wisconsin to join a corporate board or dabble in Washington power struggles when he retires next year as speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.

"The kind of board that he would go after would probably pay between $250,000 and $300,000 a year and he could probably get three or four of them," said Fred Foulkes, a professor of at Boston University’s Questrom School of Business. "There would be dozens that would like to have him, particularly companies that have part of their business in key relationships with certain parts of government."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-12/ryan-poised-to-earn-millions-even-if-he-sheds-weekend-dad-role

But, of course, spending more time with his family is a top priority.

Last edited by Just Fred (4/12/2018 8:11 am)

4/12/2018 8:22 am  #2

Re: Shed No Tears For Paul Ryan

After the gift he and the Republicans gave them ..... for sure ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/12/2018 8:44 am  #3

Ryan’s legacy; trillion dollar deficits and boot licking a fascist

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/12/2018 9:13 am  #4

Ryan’s legacy; trillion dollar deficits and boot licking a fascist.

You're right.  He was a pretty wimpy leader and House Speaker wasn't he?

4/12/2018 3:33 pm  #5

Equal parts embarrassing, humiliating, nauseating, and infuriating.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

4/12/2018 4:46 pm  #6

It's all about getting elected or appointed and cashing in.

Many years ago I had a pretty sharp student who told me his goal was to get into politics.  I asked him why, and he told me without hesitation, "Because that's where the money is."  I couldn't argue with him.

Last edited by Just Fred (4/12/2018 4:46 pm)

4/13/2018 5:07 am  #7

I think that Paul knows that the chances of him being the Speaker of the House come January are pretty slim.
So, it's time to cash in.
Get out. Join a think tank. Get on a few Boards. Buy that lake house.

Board footera