The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2018 1:41 pm  #1

No, No, No, No

Check the facts ............... the problem of mental health issues in any population compared to the USA is about the same.  Geez, check it out.  No other country has the same problem with mass killings as the USA.  We have 4 gun deaths per 100,000.  The next closest country (Canada) experiences .48 deaths per 100,000.  Our rate is 8 times higher than the the country that ranks second to us.  I know, I know, facts are troublesome things.

Many more Americans believe that mass shootings result from inadequate mental health care than those who think lax gun laws are to blame, according to a new poll from ABC News[/url] and the [url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/most-americans-say-trump-congress-not-doing-enough-to-stop-mass-shootings-post-abc-poll-finds/2018/02/19/3d0005dc-15af-11e8-92c9-376b4fe57ff7_story.html?utm_term=.ef97f35f59ca]Washington Post.

In the poll conducted in the wake of last week’s Parkland, Florida, school shooting, respondents were asked if “this event could or could not have been prevented by” more effective mental health screening or treatment; stricter gun control laws; and allowing teachers to carry guns. Fifty-eight percent of the 808 respondents said stricter gun laws could have prevented the shooting, but a larger portion, 77 percent, said better mental health monitoring and treatment would have averted it.

And, for the love of God, don't arm teachers with weaponry.  Geez-o-man!

Last edited by Just Fred (2/20/2018 1:42 pm)

2/20/2018 4:09 pm  #2

Re: No, No, No, No

Yes, I have never seen any data that suggests that mental disorders occur more commonly in the United States.
The difference is the guns.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera