The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/19/2018 8:26 pm  #1

2018 Winter Olympics

Bridging the gap between football and baseball has always been tough for me, but the Olympics has been a great transition for me.  Anyhow, as an aside, it's always a hoot to see what sort of hairdo and outfit skate commentator, Johnny Weir, is wearing every night.

I'm a fan of curling.  I figure there might be still room for me as an Olympian some day. 

Last edited by Just Fred (2/19/2018 8:27 pm)

2/19/2018 8:47 pm  #2

Re: 2018 Winter Olympics

Curling is a brutal physical sport Fred . . . but you’d better lay off the PED’s if you plan to succeed in the Olympics

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/winter-olympics-2018/amp/russian-curler-faces-scrutiny-after-doping-tests-return-positve-n849201

I’m partial to the alpine skiing events as in my much younger days I used to compete in these events. One member of our team made the 1964 U.S. Olympic team as an alternate in women’s downhill and giant slalom. They were held in Innsbruck, Austria that year in January and February (my junior year in high school).

Last edited by Rongone (2/19/2018 8:59 pm)

2/20/2018 9:12 am  #3

I hear ya, rongone.  In general, I prefer the competitions that don't require the outcome be determined by subjective judging.  Alpine skiing is a good example of one that is not .............. the person who runs the course fastest wins.

2/20/2018 5:35 pm  #4

Just Fred wrote:

I hear ya, rongone.  In general, I prefer the competitions that don't require the outcome be determined by subjective judging.  Alpine skiing is a good example of one that is not .............. the person who runs the course fastest wins.

Me too.The first night of the olympics I watched the team figure skating short program. Some Italian kid skates a fine program.
Gets crushed in the scoring by a Canadian who fell twice. In the short program.
I'm screaming at the TV, That is why we hate that "sport"!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera