The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2018 6:02 am  #1

I've got the Best People

Senior White House official to resign after ex-wives’ allegations of abuse

A senior White House official said Wednesday that he would resign after his two ex-wives accused him of physical and emotional abuse, with one presenting pictures of her blackened eye.

The official, Rob Porter, served as the staff secretary, a title that belies the role’s importance in any White House — but especially in President Trump’s. Porter functioned as Chief of Staff John F. Kelly’s top enforcer in their shared mission to instill discipline and order in what had become an extraordinarily chaotic West Wing. He was the gatekeeper to the Oval Office, determining which articles and policy proposals reached the president’s hands and screening the briefing materials that his visitors shared with him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senior-white-house-official-to-resign-following-allegations-of-abuse/2018/02/07/49aa80b8-0c19-11e8-baf5-e629fc1cd21e_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpporter-155p%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.7326142e301e

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/08/2018 6:06 am  #2

Re: I've got the Best People

Flynn
Bannon
Preibus
Price
Gorka
The Mooch
Spicer
Omarosa
Porter

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/08/2018 1:05 pm  #3

The thing is... the WH apparently knew he was not getting FBI clearance and yet was still handiling highly sensitive materials. This even more puts people like Kelly in a bad light. He HAD to know what was coming and apparently chose to ignore it. I initially had respect for him, but with each passing day it has diminished . 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

2/08/2018 10:03 pm  #4

I’m done with Kelly

2/09/2018 7:55 am  #5

For Kelly and others on the White House staff that claim they didn’t know or weren’t aware of negative matters or incidents that come to light through the security clearance procedure on an individual is a stunning admission.

It appears as though they chose to ignore those individual failures that the FBI clearance procedure highlighted and properly reported. Trump, Kelly and others determine their candidate and really don’t care what comes up in the security reports. This is dangerous to the nation internally and, again, makes our government look like a bunch of bumbling idiots on the international scene.

I used to have some respect for Kelly, and thought he might bring some semblance of order to a catastrophic White House staff, but it now seems that he is nothing more than another Trump mini-me.

2/09/2018 8:43 am  #6

Since Donald Trump has been in office, no less than 47 people in his administration have been fired or resigned.  As Goose titled the thread, "I've Got the Best People."

Board footera