The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/05/2018 3:47 pm  #1

Yeah, I was Just being Crazy With the Hitler Comparisons

Things are getting very frightening.

Trump: Democrats 'un-American,' 'treasonous' for not applauding State of the Union speech

President Trump said Monday that Democratic lawmakers who did not applaud his State of the Union speech last week were "un-American" and "treasonous."

Trump, speaking in Ohio, recalled the silence from Democrats in Congress when he praised low unemployment among African-Americans and Hispanics.
"You're up there and you have half the room going totally crazy wild. They loved everything, they want to do something great for our country," he continued. "And you have the other side, even on positive news, really positive news like that, they were like death. And un-American, un-American."

Trump added: "Somebody said treasonous. I mean, yeah, I guess why not. Can we call that treason? Why not. They certainly didn't seem to love our country very much."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-democrats-un-american-treasonous-for-not-applauding-state-of-the-union-speech/article/2648145

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/05/2018 4:10 pm  #2

Re: Yeah, I was Just being Crazy With the Hitler Comparisons

Hey, Donald, not applauding YOU is not an act of treason.  What a 'maroon' we're dealing with here.

2/05/2018 7:03 pm  #3

An Actual Nazi Is About To Be The Only GOP Candidate In A Congressional Race
The Holocaust denier has no primary opponents.

A former leader in the American Nazi Party is about to be the only Republican on the ticket for a congressional race in Illinois. 

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Arthur Jones, a Holocaust denier who has repeatedly tried ― and failed ― to attain office, is the only candidate seeking the GOP nod for the seat in the heavily Democratic 3rd Congressional District.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/06/2018 9:43 am  #4

I don't think I EVER saw that any previous SOTU speeches ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

2/06/2018 12:20 pm  #5

Maybe Trump should read the Constitution sometime.

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.

2/06/2018 5:18 pm  #6

Tammy Duckworth’s most excellent response to the Liar-In-Chief Trump when he called democrats treasonous for not standing and applauding his TelePrompTer reading of his SOTU address:

Sen. Tammy Duckworth, D-Ill., called Trump “Cadet Bone Spurs” on Monday, pushing back on his remarks that those who did not applaud during his State of the Union address last week were “un-American” or “treasonous.”

“We don't live in a dictatorship or a monarchy. I swore an oath—in the military and in the Senate—to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap,”Duckworth tweeted Monday evening.

2/06/2018 5:44 pm  #7

“We don't live in a dictatorship or a monarchy. I swore an oath—in the military and in the Senate—to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap,”Duckworth tweeted Monday evening.

Nobody could have said it better.

2/07/2018 5:26 am  #8

Treason is a crime against the state. Dissenting or even showing disrespect to the President has nothing to do with it.

2/07/2018 5:51 am  #9

Huge military celebrations,,, declaring a free press to be "the enemy of the people",,, Accusing political opponents of treason,,,,,,,,

A year ago Fred warned of the fascist tendencies of this President. 
All the apologists said that Fred was waaaay out there..
Where are they now?

2/07/2018 11:38 am  #10

The '14 Characteristics of Fascism' should be printed on every billboard across America, on the cover of every newspaper and magazine, and on every banner continuously running at the bottom of every tv screen.

Board footera