The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/11/2017 3:58 pm  #1

Ugly Incident in Jacksonville

I am NOT taking the side of the "Fan". In fact, I find throwing stuff at the players to be reprehensible.

But, dude, you are on the road.
Taking your helmet off and climbing into the stands where you are outnumbered 5,000 to 1?
Nothing good is going to come from that.

Seahawks player explains why he tried to attack Jaguars fans; NFL will investigate

One of the most bizarre situations in the NFL this year took place in Jacksonville on Sunday during the closing minutes of the Jaguars' 30-24 win over the Seahawks. 

After the Jaguars converted a third-and-11 to effectively end the game with just under two minutes left to play, things got a little testy on the field. What should have been two easy kneel downs by the Jaguars to end the game turned into a circus after chaos broke out on the field. 

On Jacksonville's second kneel down, Seahawks defensive lineman Quinton Jefferson got ejected from the game and that's when things got really crazy. As Richardson was walking off the field, a fan threw something at him, and Jefferson reacted like he was ready to fight that fan on the spot. 

After the game, Jefferson explained his behavior when asked about the incident. 
"Folks in the stands was throwing beer and throwing soda, whatever. I mean, I don't know what I'm supposed to do," Jefferson, via ESPN.com. "I'm a human just like anybody else. I'm a man just like the other man in the stands. I'm not going to let somebody disrespect me, throw a beer on me."
Jefferson didn't exactly apologize when he was asked if he should have tried to go into the stands. 

"I don't know," Jefferson said when asked if his actions were right or wrong. "Was it the right call for him to throw beer on me? I'm just wondering if it was the right call for him to throw a beer on me," Jefferson said. "Just saying."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seahawks-player-explains-why-he-tried-to-attack-jaguars-fans-nfl-will-investigate/

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/11/2017 9:35 pm  #2

Re: Ugly Incident in Jacksonville

Player attacking a fan will almost always find himself on the wrong side of the issue. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera