The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2017 7:24 pm  #1

Alabama Predictions

On December 12 Alabama picks a new US Senator,

I think that Disgraced judge and pedophile Roy Moore wins by 6.

That's how bad it is.

What are you predicting?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/06/2017 8:53 pm  #2

Re: Alabama Predictions

1)  Roy Moore wins by at least 6....more likely 12..

2)  The election is litigated for many reasons, some more legitimate than others.

3)  The President orders the DOJ to file amicus curae briefs on behalf of Moore.

4)  Roy Moore is still able to take the oath of office.

5)  The Senate immediately begins actions to remove him.

6)  EITHER:

a)  his actual time in office is a short as Jefferson Smith's in "Mr. Smith goes to Washington"

- OR-

b) this becomes a protracted battle exceeding that of Bush v. Gore.

Life is an Orthros.

12/07/2017 7:04 am  #3

There was a reporter on the Telly this morning saying that a lot of Alabama voters were, in this final week, undecided about whom to vote for.
Frankly, I do not believe that. I don't believe it at all.
I think that anybody telling a pollster or reporter that they are undecided is voting for Roy Moore.
They are just reluctant - perhaps even embarrassed - to tell that to some pollster.
We experienced this in 2016 with Trump voters.

Last edited by Goose (12/07/2017 7:52 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/07/2017 8:15 am  #4

Is this telling about politics and the sad state of our Nation or what ? 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

12/07/2017 8:28 am  #5

Roy Moore wins because the voters that will show up at the polls feel that a pedophile is the lesser of two evils when compared to a democrat.

Moore gets seated in the Senate because incumbents will decide that having a pedophile voting with their caucus in favor of Trump’s agenda is more important than having the guts to enforce real values in their good old boys network.

12/07/2017 8:57 am  #6

There is a sickness in the Republican Party.
Moore never should have won the primary.
There were other candidates with reliably conservative records, if that was what they wanted. Moore is a loon.

But, Since 2016 the republican base has said, “I want to vote for the most unqualified, most batshit crazy guy in the race”

Last edited by Goose (12/07/2017 9:41 am)

12/07/2017 10:14 am  #7

I predict Alabama will become laughing stock of the US. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

12/07/2017 2:01 pm  #8

Maybe Alabama will want to secede from the Union.  Not a bad idea.  Who wants to talk them out of it?

Last edited by Just Fred (12/07/2017 2:02 pm)

12/11/2017 2:51 pm  #9

Well, today two polls were published. One had Jones up by ten. The other had Moore up by nine.
Thank God for experts. 

I will stick with my prediction of Moore winning by 6.

But, the people of Alabama have a golden opportunity to impress the hell out of this Yankee by Rejecting Roy Moore.
You, know, this is just to fill the seat until the term of Jeff Sessions runs out in two years.
Dump Roy Moore and find a qualified and honorable Republican to elect to the Senate in 2020.
The country will still be here in two years.

12/12/2017 11:17 pm  #10

Alabama pulls out a squeaker in proving is DOES have many people of values. 

A couple of tsunamis have come to the forefront this past couple of weeks and likely we are just seeing the beginning (and I am referring to more than just the current win). 

Board footera