The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/29/2017 6:14 am  #1

Bringing People Together

I lost my Copy of The Art of The Deal,,,
but are you supposed to insult and taunt people before the meeting?

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account 
@realDonaldTrump
Following Following @realDonaldTrump
More
Meeting with “Chuck and Nancy” today about keeping government open and working. Problem is they want illegal immigrants flooding into our Country unchecked, are weak on Crime and want to substantially RAISE Taxes. I don’t see a deal!

Trump Feuds With Democrats Ahead of a Possible Government Shutdown

WASHINGTON — Less than two weeks before much of the government runs out of money, President Trump on Tuesday escalated the threat of a shutdown, accusing Democratic congressional leaders of plotting to use their leverage to raise taxes and flood the country with undocumented immigrants.

The Democratic leaders, Senator Chuck Schumer of New York and Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, responded to the president’s provocations by pulling out of a scheduled White House meeting meant to address the thorny issues that lawmakers are facing as the end of the year approaches.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/us/politics/trump-democrats-government-shutdown-pelosi.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

Last edited by Goose (11/29/2017 6:17 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

11/29/2017 8:31 am  #2

Re: Bringing People Together

Basically, Donald Trump views a 'deal' when others agree to do what he wants. 

11/29/2017 9:12 am  #3

Trump is a real putz ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

11/29/2017 9:18 am  #4

In a much broader sense, I don't think Trump understands how a democratic governmental system is supposed to work. 

Board footera