The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/24/2017 3:02 pm  #1

Obsessed with Obama. Sad

What is more pathetic, Trump's obsession with Obama, or the fact that he knows nothing, absolutely nothing, about history?

Trump asked about reversing Obama to rename Denali as Mt. McKinley

(CNN)President Donald Trump, during a meeting earlier this year with Alaska's two Republican senators, asked about reversing a decision made by the Obama administration and renaming the nation's largest mountain, according to Sen. Dan Sullivan.

In a nod to Alaska's native population, former President Barack Obama announced in 2015 that he was officially renaming the country's tallest mountain from Mt. McKinley to Denali, its name in the indigenous Athabascan language.

But during a March 2017 meeting in the Oval Office with Trump and Sen. Lisa Murkowski, the President asked about changing the name back, Sullivan told the Alaska Federation of Natives convention, as reported by the Anchorage Dispatch News.

The meeting came as Trump and the senators discussed several Obama administration moves limiting development in Alaska.
But Trump had one final issue on his mind. "He looked at me and said, 'I heard that the big mountain in Alaska also had -- also its name was changed by executive action. Do you want us to reverse that?'" Sullivan said.

"Lisa -- Sen. Murkowski -- and I jumped over the desk," Sullivan said. "We said no, no!"
Trump, perplexed that the two Republicans wanted to keep an Obama-era decision, asked why.

"The Alaska Native people named that mountain over 10,000 years ago," Sullivan said. "Denali, that was the name."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/24/politics/trump-denali-mt-mckinley/index.html

Last edited by Goose (10/24/2017 3:03 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

1/11/2024 2:03 am  #2

Re: Obsessed with Obama. Sad

Thank you for your information about Trump. Keep it up!

Board footera