The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/16/2017 7:41 am  #1

Equifax security and information executives to retire

Probably just the start of some house cleaning. This breach will cause so many people sleepless nights worrying!
How many people will have their credit damaged by this breech?

Equifax security and information executives to retire

• Equifax said Friday that two of its top executives would be retiring, effective immediately.
  • The company said it had replaced its chief information and security officers.
  • The moves come more than a week since the credit-reporting company disclosed a data breach potentially affecting 143 million people in the U.S.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/15/equifax-security-and-information-executives-to-retire-dj-reports.html

Equifax said Friday that its top information and security executives were retiring, effective immediately as the company reels from its disclosure last week that it suffered a massive data breach potentially affecting 143 million people in the U.S.Chief information officer David Webb will be replaced by Mark Rohrwasser, who has led Equifax International IT operations since joining the company in 2016.Chief security officer Susan Mauldin will be replaced by Russ Ayres, who will serve in the position in the interim.

Before his appointment, Ayres served as Equifax's vice president of IT. The Wall Street Journal first reported the news of the executive changes.Equifax announced last week it experienced a data breach that could potentially affect 143 million consumers in the U.S. The company said it first noticed suspicious traffic on July 29.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

9/16/2017 11:35 am  #2

Re: Equifax security and information executives to retire

They will retire with full benefits.

I put a freeze on both mine and my wife's credit reports with TransUnion and Experian right away, no problem on-line, with confirmation receipt. Equifax is quite another story. Dozens of attempts over a one week period both on-line and called 7 different phone numbers listed on their website for "customer service". I never got to talk to a real person, everything was automated and on one call I had to listen to a recording making sales pitches for everything from satellite TV to furniture for about 5 minutes. Finally, yesterday morning I was able to freeze my wife's account and got a confirmation with PIN on-line. However, when I tried to freeze mine, when I got to step two, I was only given the choice to permanently or temporarily remove the freeze on my account. Mind you I was never able to complete the process to freeze my account, nor did I receive any confirmation of successfully freeze my account, nor did I receive a PIN number to enable me to adjust my preferences. The only response I got was either that their system was down, error code 500, telling me they were unable to freeze the account at this time. On the website they have set up to "facilitate" consumer's action to freeze their account (equifaxsecurity2017.com) they admit that there have been problems with their system. One of the problems was that people reported not receiving confirmations and PIN numbers. They said you could request confirmation and PIN via mail. So, I wrote Equifax a letter expressing my dissatisfaction with their ineptitude in handling this situation and requested confirmation and PIN via return mail. I also told them that I was sending a copy of my letter to the attorney general of the state of Pennsylvania to register my concerns and complaints about Equifax.

So, we'll see what happens.

Last edited by Rongone (9/16/2017 11:36 am)

Board footera