The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2017 7:45 am  #1

Breitbart Wins

The first Outlet to shamelessly politicize the hurricane.

After Left Bashes South as Backward and Racist, Texas Shows Shining Example of Unity to World
http://www.breitbart.com/

There will be others.

I will miss evangelicals attributing the hurricane to God's wrath on liberals.

After all,  it's hitting Texas while a Republican sits in the White House, so that story line won't work.

Last edited by Goose (8/29/2017 7:45 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/29/2017 8:26 am  #2

Re: Breitbart Wins

To Brietbart's credit (and I don't credit them often), they actually ran the following article.

Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church Closes Doors to Displaced Harvey Victims

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/08/28/joel-osteens-lakewood-church-closes-doors-displaced-harvey-victims/

Last edited by tennyson (8/29/2017 8:27 am)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/29/2017 8:39 am  #3

Osteen releases this Tweet AND THEN closes his doors to flood refugees????
“Victoria & I are praying for everyone affected by Hurricane Harvey. Please join us as we pray for the safety of our Texas friends & family.”

WTF?
It's a shame when a deeply flawed Catholic like the Goose knows his scripture better than a "Pastor"

" What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?  If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food,   and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit?   Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/29/2017 1:11 pm  #4

Joel Osteen thinking about flood victims

Last edited by Goose (8/29/2017 1:23 pm)

Board footera