The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/21/2017 2:48 pm  #1

I'm a Scientist. Well, Not Really

Here's your new chief "scientist" for the Department of Agriculture.

Trump nominee Sam Clovis: 'As far as we know' homosexuality's a choice, 'logical' LGBT protections could lead to legalization of pedophilia

(CNN)Sam Clovis, Donald Trump's pick to be chief scientist for the Department of Agriculture, has argued that homosexuality is a choice and that the sanctioning of same-sex marriage could lead to the legalization of pedophilia, a CNN KFile review of Clovis' writings, radio broadcasts, and speeches has found.

Clovis made the comments between 2012 and 2014 in his capacity as a talk radio host, political activist, and briefly as a candidate for US Senate in Iowa. His nomination has drawn criticism from Senate Democrats, who argue his lack of scientific background makes him unqualified for the USDA post overseeing science.

Clovis has repeatedly argued that the science on homosexuality is unsettled and that "LGBT behavior" is a choice. The American Psychological Association has said that while there is no scientific consensus on the causes of sexual orientation, "most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/21/politics/kfile-sam-clovis-lgbt-comments/index.html?CNNPolitics=Tw

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/21/2017 3:17 pm  #2

Re: I'm a Scientist. Well, Not Really

Where do you find a-holes like this?  Ok, we all now they exist out there, but for the love of god, why do they get appointed to positions that matter?

Last edited by Just Fred (8/21/2017 3:18 pm)

8/21/2017 7:03 pm  #3

So many incompetent people in Trump's Administration. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/22/2017 5:36 am  #4

Trump seems to have contempt for expertise and competence.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/22/2017 5:52 am  #5

Trump seems to have contempt for expertise and competence.

Maybe he sees the characteristics of competence and expertise as a threat to his power?

Last edited by Just Fred (8/22/2017 5:54 am)

Board footera