The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2017 10:43 am  #1

I Never Saw This Before

I watched Donald Trump's speech, and I'm thinking to myself just who the hell needs a teleprompter to condemn nazi-ism?

Last edited by Just Fred (8/15/2017 10:43 am)

8/15/2017 12:05 pm  #2

Re: I Never Saw This Before

Just Fred wrote:

I watched Donald Trump's speech, and I'm thinking to myself just who the hell needs a teleprompter to condemn nazi-ism?

I'm guessing that condemning racists is something that the Trumpster isn't accustomed to doing.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/16/2017 7:08 am  #3

Just Fred wrote:

That wasn't a speech. It was a hostage video. An attempt to control damage.

The real Trump spoke passionately, without a teleprompter at Trump tower.
The real Trump called nazis "Fine people". 
The real Trump sees nazis and people who protest against nazis as morally equivalent.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/16/2017 8:09 am  #4

Eventually Trump showed his true colors ! 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/17/2017 2:58 pm  #5

Today it appears that Trump and Fox are trying to change the subject from nazis to monuments

8/17/2017 3:05 pm  #6

Goose wrote:

Today it appears that Trump and Fox are trying to change the subject from nazis to monuments

Anyone who wants to take the time to see who organized the Unite the Right and do a minimum of checking on Jason Kessler would quickly understand that statues were NOT REALLY the objective. He belongs in a truly low life, hate mongering class of people. 

It is simple to see why FOX wants to change the narrative. 

Last edited by tennyson (8/17/2017 3:06 pm)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/17/2017 9:39 pm  #7

Let me get this straight:  A white nationalist organization hooks up with the KKK and several other neo-nazi hate groups and decide to hold a rally.  You, yourself, oppose everything they stand for, but you decide to join a march with them because you really don't want to see a Robert E. Lee removed from a public park. 

Yeah, right.

8/18/2017 7:03 am  #8

Well, trump has pretty much forgotten the entire 'economic anxiety ' thing.
His movement is about culture war.

One (of many) thing that troubles me.
I was watching Anderson cooper interviewing a trump supporter about Charlottesville.
The guy said "Well, if you're going to condemn violence on our side,,,,,,"

Wait. When did nazis become your 'side'?
The right have lost their minds.

Last edited by Goose (8/18/2017 7:11 am)

Board footera