The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/09/2017 5:40 am  #1

Our President Sounds like a Korean Dictator

"They will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before."
Donald J Trump

Trump uses the bombastic language of a guy who will NOT personally be in Seoul when the artillery shells start to land. A guy who will NOT be picking up a weapon and stepping into harm's way.

I guess we will let to two nut jobs squawk while cooler heads work to avoid war.

"It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation."
William Tecumseh Sherman

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/09/2017 7:08 am  #2

Re: Our President Sounds like a Korean Dictator

It sounds like two little kids taunting each other. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/09/2017 11:43 am  #3

Just to show the absolute disorganization of our government right now, we need to look no further than the two comments made by the President and our Secretary of State:

Trump: .... North Korea will "face fire and fury like the world has never seen"

SoS Tillerson: 
 "...there is no sign that the threat level from North Korea had changed and that Americans should "sleep well at night."

How the hell can a POTUS and his top diplomat be on such different pages in terms of the threat of North Korea?

And not to defend Trump's childish words, but we are now in uncharted territory is indeed North Korea can put a nuke on a missle. I don't mind Trump calling NK out on it or putting them on notice that the U.S. will do what it needs to do to protect itself and our allies.

The whole potential crisis is the fault of Kim Jong-un and rhe DPRK and not the making of Donald Trump or the United States.

But for the love of God, Mr. President, get your sh!t together. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

8/09/2017 12:04 pm  #4

TheLagerLad wrote:

Just to show the absolute disorganization of our government right now, we need to look no further than the two comments made by the President and our Secretary of State:

Trump: .... North Korea will "face fire and fury like the world has never seen"

SoS Tillerson: 
 "...there is no sign that the threat level from North Korea had changed and that Americans should "sleep well at night."

How the hell can a POTUS and his top diplomat be on such different pages in terms of the threat of North Korea?

And not to defend Trump's childish words, but we are now in uncharted territory is indeed North Korea can put a nuke on a missle. I don't mind Trump calling NK out on it or putting them on notice that the U.S. will do what it needs to do to protect itself and our allies.

The whole potential crisis is the fault of Kim Jong-un and rhe DPRK and not the making of Donald Trump or the United States.

But for the love of God, Mr. President, get your sh!t together. 

Trump will NOT get his shit together. That is exactly why we have to pray people like Tillerson, Kelley, and several others remain in the Administration. 

I believe that the Congress understands this man is a menace with their "pro forma" sessions during their recess. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

8/09/2017 1:30 pm  #5

Nevertheless, sending the Secretary of State to the potential danger zone of Guam is courageous.

It assures our citizens of that Territory that they are indeed a vital part of these United States.

I don't recall Hillary Clinton or John Kerry visiting any hot spots.

Life is an Orthros.

8/09/2017 2:48 pm  #6

Tarnation wrote:

Nevertheless, sending the Secretary of State to the potential danger zone of Guam is courageous.

It assures our citizens of that Territory that they are indeed a vital part of these United States.

I don't recall Hillary Clinton or John Kerry visiting any hot spots.

Important, but I don't think that I would use the word "Courageous". Guam is about 2,100 miles from NK. Yea, they have a missile that can go that far, but can they actually hit what they are aiming at? And, we haven't seen any indication that the NK regime has a functioning warhead that can sit on it.

As for John Kerry, he made 4 trips to Iraq as Sec State, 5 Trips to Afghanistan, 2 Trips to South Korea, 3 to Japan,  Oman, Somalia, Egypt, Turkey, South Sudan.
Plenty of Hot Spots there. Clinton went to many of the same states.

BTW, I would define courageous as going to a hot spot, not sending your Sec of State to one. 

Last edited by Goose (8/09/2017 3:05 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

8/09/2017 4:19 pm  #7

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Macbeth Quote (Act V, Scene V).

I think Trump needs to send Jared, Jr., and Eric to Guam to calm the people there down since they seem to be a bit jumpy about Kim Jong-Un's comeback to the president's 'tough talk' on North Korea by hinting he may just target the U.S. possession.

Their presence on Guam would also probably intimidate 'Dear Leader' and prevent him from taking any action. Who knows . . . they might even find a hotel there they can take over, or, perhaps a golf resort on mainland China. Trump already has property in South Korea.

8/10/2017 10:05 am  #8

The thing is, the US holds a superior hand in terms of military power in this situation.
We don't need to sound bombastic and unhinged. That does not advance our objectives.

8/10/2017 11:40 am  #9

Goose wrote:

The thing is, the US holds a superior hand in terms of military power in this situation.
We don't need to sound bombastic and unhinged. That does not advance our objectives.

So true. 

Board footera