The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/01/2017 9:20 am  #1

My Mornings

Alarm goes off. Wake up. Hit "snooze". Fall asleep.

Alarm goes off. Hit "dismiss". Pull yourself out of bed.

Look in mirror. Walk to bathroom. Brush teeth. Walk back to bed.

Fall asleep with glasses on.

Wake up. See smudges on glasses. Go to bathroom to clean them off.

Realise you need food. Walk to kitchen and make waffles. Eat waffles. Yum!

Walk to living room. Watch TV. Get bored.

Walk back up to bed and take a nap.

Wake up. 10:30 already? Jog to bathroom. Change clothes. Run downstairs.

Realise that there was nothing to hurry for. Watch TV.

Get bored of TV. Read Harry Potter.

11:15 already? Make lunch. *Yawn*

After eating lunch, I finally feel awake enough to do something.

Pretty eventful morning. (sarcasm)

Byebyes ~

Minds are like parachutes - they work best when open.

7/01/2017 12:52 pm  #2

Re: My Mornings

Sounds like an awesome Saturday morning. 

Me?
0630 Someone is licking my hand.
Get up. Put shoes on.
Let dog out. Make coffee. Let dog in.
Sip coffee. Feed dog.
Sip Coffee. Let dog out. Let dog in.
Make plan for the day.
Let dog out. Furious barking ensues. Go check it out. Dog barking at turtle in yard.
Grass looks long. Damn. Got a lot of mowing to do.
Check weather app. Afternoon thunders showers. Excellent. Just might get out of mowing and just watch an old movie.

Wondering,,,, where is dog,,,,, where is my other shoe?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/01/2017 4:34 pm  #3

Goose wrote:

Me?
Get up. Put shoes on.
Sip coffee. Feed dog.
Make plan for the day.
Let dog out. Furious barking ensues. Go check it out. Dog barking at turtle in yard.
Check weather app. Afternoon thunders showers. Excellent. Just might get out of mowing and just watch an old movie.

Is this a new Dog?  Sorry if I missed it.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

7/01/2017 4:45 pm  #4

When I was living in California on active duty I'd rescued a Shepard-Chow mix from the pound.  I called him Max.

I worked night shift.  My spouse worked at Toys-R-Us off base.

She would get up at 5am or so and started work at 7am.  It was about 30 miles to town....this is the high desert.

I would get about five hours of solid sleep then Max would come to the bedroom.

He never jumped on the bed or licked me or anything....he'd just come in and sit there, staring at me.

I knew the "pretend you're still asleep" game was over when I'd crack an eyelid and Max's tail would start sweeping the floor behind him.

I'd love to be woken up like that again...I miss him.

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

7/01/2017 6:52 pm  #5

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Goose wrote:

Me?
Get up. Put shoes on.
Sip coffee. Feed dog.
Make plan for the day.

Yes, thanks for noticing.
As you may recall, in May of 2016 I wrote of losing my dear Sadie after 13 years.
By mutual agreement my wife and I decided to wait at least a year before getting another dog.
I made it a month. I was such a depressed, moody, nasty mess that, for Fathers' day my children presented me with Bella.

Bella and I have become fast friends. We run all over the trails of western Massachusetts. (Well, to be honest, she runs and I walk). When I go somewhere no need to ask who is riding shotgun.  I've checked out dog food rankings on the internet.
Yes, I am a full on dog nut. And, hey, I'm cool with that. 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

7/01/2017 10:52 pm  #6

Dogs are awesome! Lived with one for 2 years... adorable.

The only thing I lose in the morning is brain. Once, I poured chips in my milk instead of cereal. Woops.
I also put animal crackers in my milk once... not as bad as chips, thankfully.

Within 30 minutes of waking up, my brain functions normally again. I finally remember that chips are not cereal.

Minds are like parachutes - they work best when open.

7/02/2017 8:12 am  #7

Goose wrote:

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Goose wrote:

Me?
Get up. Put shoes on.
Sip coffee. Feed dog.
Make plan for the day.

As you may recall, in May of 2016 I wrote of losing my dear Sadie after 13 years.
By mutual agreement my wife and I decided to wait at least a year before getting another dog.
I made it a month. I was such a depressed, moody, nasty mess that, for Fathers' day my children presented me with Bella.

Bella and I have become fast friends. We run all over the trails of western Massachusetts. (Well, to be honest, she runs and I walk). When I go somewhere no need to ask who is riding shotgun.  I've checked out dog food rankings on the internet.

I honestly can't imagine you without a canine companion.  It's a good fit for you.  

-Me again

7/02/2017 8:13 am  #8

Kittenea wrote:

Dogs are awesome! Lived with one for 2 years... adorable.

The only thing I lose in the morning is brain. Once, I poured chips in my milk instead of cereal. Woops.
I also put animal crackers in my milk once... not as bad as chips, thankfully.

Within 30 minutes of waking up, my brain functions normally again. I finally remember that chips are not cereal.

Sounds like you need a little protein to get you going in the morning.  Try some sort of meat, cheese, or eggs, see if that helps.

-Me again

7/28/2017 7:32 pm  #9

Goose wrote:

Conspiracy Theory wrote:

Goose wrote:

Me?
Get up. Put shoes on.
Sip coffee. Feed dog.
Make plan for the day.

I'm glad you found a new friend.

People who've never had dogs just can't understand.

This isn't feeding and walking and cleaing up poop...it's a friendship and it occupies a part of your heart specially reserved for them.

I'm happy for you.  

-Me again

7/28/2017 7:35 pm  #10

My mornings used to involve a lot of stumbling around bumping into things and forgetting where I put the phone I was just holding thirty seconds ago followed by a wonderfully stressful day.

My mornings now consist of waking up, stretching, going back to sleep....repeat as needed.  

-Me again

Board footera