The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/06/2017 5:06 am  #1

Our Finest Hour

73 Years ago, soldiers from a free nation in the New World waded ashore to save  the old.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

6/06/2017 7:03 am  #2

Re: Our Finest Hour

We owe them so much

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

6/06/2017 7:27 am  #3

Re: Our Finest Hour

I was always impressed with the statement that Ike wrote in the event that the landings failed. In our present age, when the buck stops anywhere but here, Eisenhower towers above today's leaders.

"Our landings in the Cherbourg-Havre area have failed to gain a satisfactory foothold and I have withdrawn the troops. My decision to attack at this time and place was based upon the best information available. The troops, the air and the Navy did all that Bravery and devotion to duty could do. If any blame or fault attaches to the attempt it is mine alone."

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera