The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/22/2017 7:34 am  #1

Wolf takes police protection from Lt. Gov.

This is a stunning move by Governor Wolf. I wonder what Stack did to cause this reaction. Kudos to Gov. Wolf for taking a very strong stand.

Wolf takes police protection from Lt. Gov.

http://www.ydr.com/story/news/2017/04/21/wolf-takes-police-protection-lt-gov/100756894/

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Breaking decades of precedent, Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf is stripping the state's lieutenant governor, Mike Stack, and his wife of state police protection following complaints about the Stacks' treatment of troopers and other state employees who tended to their taxpayer-funded residence.Wolf released a three-sentence letter Friday addressed to Stack informing him of the decision.

The move dropped jaws in the state Capitol, since lieutenant governors have had state police protection for decades in Pennsylvania, and have occasionally had to step in to serve as governor.Wolf also told Stack in the letter that he would limit cleaning, grounds keeping and maintenance staff at his fellow Democrat's official residence near Harrisburg, and only under supervision at pre-arranged times."I do not delight in this decision, but I believe it is a necessary step to protect Commonwealth employees," Wolf wrote to Stack, a former state senator from Philadelphia.

The governor hand-delivered the letter to Stack, his office said.Stack responded in a statement three hours later, saying that he agreed with the decision. He said he and his wife acknowledged that their behavior was "unacceptable" and called it a symptom of a larger problem that he was committed to addressing. He said he also apologized to Wolf for "any embarrassment this situation has caused."

Last edited by Common Sense (4/22/2017 7:35 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

Board footera