The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2017 5:24 am  #1

Halal Street Food Journey To Islamic China | Xinjiang HUGE CHICKEN PLA

More great food and travel from China

Halal Street Food Journey To Islamic China | Xinjiang HUGE CHICKEN PLATE on the Chinese Silk Road

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/21/2017 5:51 am  #2

Re: Halal Street Food Journey To Islamic China | Xinjiang HUGE CHICKEN PLA

Very cool. I've never been to China. And I bet that most Americans who have never ventured into the western Muslim regions.

Those lamb kebabs look great.

But, the Dapanji is spectacular!
Potatoes AND noodles. And cinnamon.
As a amateur food anthropologist (AKA as a foodie) this is interesting. Cinnamon and noodles are, of course familiar to our concept of Chinese food. But potatoes? Potatoes are native to South America. In the age of discovery trade between central & south America, and China flourished. Gold and potatoes went west.
Ceramics, silk, and rice went east. 
We are all brothers.

I also love when he finds the chicken foot in the dish. I'm pretty adventurous and would have no problem.
But, my wife and kids would freak! They are strictly boneless, skinless (IMO tasteless) chicken breast eating Americans.

Last edited by Goose (4/21/2017 6:48 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera