The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2017 4:49 am  #1

Post reporter Robert Costa takes over PBS’s ‘Washington Week’

Costa is a very able and diligent reporter.

Post reporter Robert Costa takes over helm of PBS’s ‘Washington Week’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/post-reporter-robert-costa-takes-over-helm-of-pbss-washington-week/2017/04/20/598b5234-2603-11e7-bb9d-8cd6118e1409_story.html?utm_term=.2689018419c4

Washington Post national political reporter Robert Costa is taking over for the late Gwen Ifill as moderator of the long-running PBS political talk show “Washington Week.”Costa, 31, will remain in his current position at The Post, covering Congress and the Trump administration.“I just really want to bring that reporting mentality on Friday and have a conversation with the best reporters in town,” Costa said in an interview Thursday. “At a time when everyone talks about fake news, this show is about real news.

And it has a real legacy.”Loyal viewers of the program will not be surprised by the selection. Costa, former Washington editor of National Review magazine, has been a regular guest on “Washington Week” since 2014 and has been the show’s guest host for the past two months.“He seems to have the energy, his finger on the pulse and enthusiasm for the topics,” said WETA president and chief executive Sharon Percy Rockefeller. “I’m glad he’s staying full time at The Post, because it’s nothing but great to have all that knowledge at the end of the week on Friday night.”

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

4/21/2017 6:37 am  #2

Re: Post reporter Robert Costa takes over PBS’s ‘Washington Week’

The death of Gwen left a big hole to fill. I hope Costa does as good of a job. 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

4/21/2017 6:47 am  #3

Re: Post reporter Robert Costa takes over PBS’s ‘Washington Week’

Best of luck to you, Bob!
Keep the tradition of excellence alive!

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

Board footera