The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/24/2016 11:10 am  #1

A Christmas Carol

“There are many things from which I might have derived good, by which I have not profited, I dare say,' returned the nephew. 'Christmas among the rest. But I am sure I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round—apart from the veneration due to its sacred name and origin, if anything belonging to it can be apart from that—as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow-passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore, uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good; and I say, God bless it!” 

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/24/2016 11:46 am  #2

Re: A Christmas Carol

Had seen recently A Christmas Carol at our local Strand Theater which was done by the Riddlesbrood Touring Theater which has a a sensational 45-member cast of all ages from N.J. and P.A.  It was a wonderful Christmas performance. 

“God bless us, every one! 

Last edited by tennyson (12/24/2016 11:47 am)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

12/25/2016 7:12 am  #3

“And it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us!’’

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/25/2016 11:45 pm  #4

I have a collection of almost every "Christmas Carol" film ever made.

My favorite is "A Christmas Carol:  The Musical" which began as a Hallmark TV special. 

It has been licensed for small theaters....saw a live performance a couple of years ago at Toby's in the Ellicot City area.

There are many fine original songs, but the most haunting is a melodic phrase which surfaces repeatedly:

Ev'ry star in the sky
Reminds us of man's compassion;
Let us love 'til we die
And God bless us, ev'ry one.

Last edited by Tarnation (12/25/2016 11:56 pm)

Life is an Orthros.

Board footera