The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/03/2015 12:55 pm  #1

Burning of Jordanian Pilot

Well, today we hear reports that ISIS has burned alive the captured Jordanian Pilot. Last week another beheading of the Japanese journalist. I say enough is enough. It is high time to destroy everyone of this dangerous treacherous stinking cancer! I cannot believe that our intelligence is so bad that we have no idea where these people (sorry animals) are. Surely our intelligence shows where many of these festering cancerous scumbags are. It is time to destroy them. It is wrong to stand idly by and allow them to continue.
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2015/2/3/isil-releases-video-showing-killing-of-jordanian-pilot.html 

2/03/2015 1:58 pm  #2

Re: Burning of Jordanian Pilot

I do not understand the reasons for these killings!  Nor do I understand why no one seems to be serious in stopping them.  With the manpower, fighting power the U. S. & its allies have why has no one eliminated ISIS by now?  Or are a few killings insuffucient to act?

2/03/2015 2:08 pm  #3

Publicizing your atrocities never works out in the end for any one person or organization.

ISIS is writing it's own death warrant with each unjustified murder it carries out. 

That said, for everyone who says we need to deal with this, they must remember that means an additional loss of U.S. servicemembers, it means in an age of cries for tax cuts, we'd be adding to the debt to pay for the destruction of ISIS, and when it's all said and done, there may just be some other group in line, waiting to take their place.

There is no easy answer for all of this and I'm glad I don't have to come up with the decisions on what to do. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/03/2015 2:45 pm  #4

This is one of the most outrageous atrocities that I have seen.
There is no way to reach a peaceful accomodation with such an entity.

But destroying ISIS will take troops on the ground.
Until this country commits to that dirty job, they will go on.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/03/2015 3:08 pm  #5

TheLagerLad wrote:

Publicizing your atrocities never works out in the end for any one person or organization.

ISIS is writing it's own death warrant with each unjustified murder it carries out. 

That said, for everyone who says we need to deal with this, they must remember that means an additional loss of U.S. servicemembers, it means in an age of cries for tax cuts, we'd be adding to the debt to pay for the destruction of ISIS, and when it's all said and done, there may just be some other group in line, waiting to take their place.

There is no easy answer for all of this and I'm glad I don't have to come up with the decisions on what to do. 

I agree with all your insight, however, if left unchecked there is coming a day of reckoning when it may be too late for any of us!

Last edited by JimmyBear (2/03/2015 3:34 pm)

2/03/2015 5:40 pm  #6

A couple of things to keep in mind:

1)  ISIS is bent on Middle East domination.  They would really like to recreate the height of the Salucid empire.

2)  All Middle Eastern cultures are honor-warrior cultures.  Weakness (even just the appearance of weakness) is despised.

3)  The Jordanian King has long been perceived as weak.

Connecting these dots....this execution is a calculated move to bring down the King from external attack or "internal" revolt.....obviously any revolt would have assistance from ISIS operatives.

This has to be creating massive anxiety in Israel.

Life is an Orthros.

2/03/2015 6:35 pm  #7

The King will not be perceived as weak![

Jordan responds to ISIS murder of Pilot by announcing execution of jihadist prisoners
Hotair ^ | 02/03/2015 | Ed Morrissey

As responses to terrorism go, this one communicates commitment. After ISIS released video of Jordanian pilot Moaz al-Kassasbe’s murder by immolation — which apparently happened weeks ago — the kingdom of Jordan has announced that all jihadist prisoners will be executed as soon as possible, beginning at dawn tomorrow with the woman ISIS wanted released:

Jordan will execute Wednesday an Iraqi would-be suicide bomber on death row and other jihadists after having vowed to avenge the murder of a Jordanian pilot by Islamic State jihadists, an official said.

“The sentence of death pending on… Iraqi Sajida al-Rishawi will be carried out at dawn,” the security official said on Tuesday, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Rishawi, the would-be bomber, was condemned to death for her participation in deadly attacks in Amman in 2005, and IS had offered to spare the life of the Jordanian fighter pilot, Lieutenant Maaz al-Kassasbeh, if she were released.

“The death sentence will be carried out on a group of jihadists, starting with Rishawi, as well as Iraqi Al-Qaeda operative Ziad Karbuli and others who attacked Jordan’s interests,” the security source said.

“Jordan’s response will be earth-shattering,” Information Minister Mohammed Momani said earlier on television, while the army and government vowed to avenge the pilot’s murder.

In fact, King Abdullah II has cut short his visit to the US to get back home, presumably to be present for the executions. A group of US Senators expressed their condolences and solidarity with Abdullah at a meeting this morning just after the news broke:

Hammurabi's code and the Jewish Torah were to limit and restrain retribution....because those are the only things an honor/warrior culture understands.

Life is an Orthros.

2/04/2015 7:57 am  #8

IntroVertigo wrote:

JimmyBear...I feel your outrage over all of the senseless killing. And I too want to do Something.  But the answer to this problem needs to come from those living in the Middle East.  The Middle Eastern/Muslim people as a whole must denounce the actions of Radical Islam and force an affirmation of their religion as a peaceful one.
The US Army, it has been said is only good at blowing things up and breaking things (something like that...and they excel at what they do...Hooah?)
I think that more US boots on the ground (again) would only serve to deepen the pool of new recruits for ISIS.

Action by Muslim countries in opposition to the horrendous actions by extremist groups is the key to rallying the vast majority of Islamic people to break the back of these violent fringe groups.

2/04/2015 10:22 am  #9

For starters, why don't we knock out their satalites, disconnect them from the internet, stop them from recruiting and planning their horrors.  Take out their power plants and infrastructure.  We have to know where their strongholds are or else we have the worse intelligence in the world.

2/04/2015 1:27 pm  #10

florentine wrote:

For starters, why don't we knock out their satalites, disconnect them from the internet, stop them from recruiting and planning their horrors. Take out their power plants and infrastructure. We have to know where their strongholds are or else we have the worse intelligence in the world.

I agree with you Florentine!

Board footera