The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/16/2016 8:45 am  #1

Bowls

Am I seeing USC as a 6 1/2 point favorites over Penn State?
They have finished strong.

Well, I gotta go with my heart and pick Penn State.
I will also pick Alabama and Clemson.

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/19/2016 11:22 am  #2

Re: Bowls

There are a couple of bowl games outside of the New Years Six that will definitely be worth watching.....

12/20 - Boca Raton Bowl - Memphis vs. Western Kentucky - The over/under on this game is 80. And I think they'll go over the number. This will be an offensive explosion

12/21 - Poinsettia Bowl - Wyoming vs. BYU - Wyoming had a really good season and BYU is always tough. BYU is favored and I think covers here.

12/23 - Armed Forces Bowl - Louisiana Tech vs. Navy - Another bowl game with two good offenses. Should be high scoring. Navy wants to end the season on a high note after their loss to Army.

12/29 - Belk Bowl - Arkansas vs. Virginia Tech - This will be the first time the Razorbacks and Hokies have played

12/29 - Alamo Bowl - Colorado vs. Oklahoma State - Should be the best non-New Year Six bowl game this year.

My playoff picks will come down the road.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

12/21/2016 8:34 am  #3

That was a basketball game last night

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/21/2016 10:58 am  #4

Goose wrote:

That was a basketball game last night

Sure was. Fun to watch. And how about the Vegas line makers. Over/under of total points was 80 and the final total was 81.

Those guys are good.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

12/27/2016 10:35 am  #5

This game was fun.

Boston College wins Quick Lane Bowl in unlikely offensive battle
http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/140320/boston-college-wins-quick-lane-bowl-in-unlikely-offensive-battle

12/28/2016 12:44 pm  #6

I hope so, but I just don't believe it.

3 Reasons Why The Washington Huskies Will Beat Heavily Favored Alabama
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/washington-huskies-alabama-peach-bowl-prediction_us_584f3b56e4b0bd9c3dfe6124

12/28/2016 12:54 pm  #7

Goose wrote:

I hope so, but I just don't believe it.

3 Reasons Why The Washington Huskies Will Beat Heavily Favored Alabama
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/washington-huskies-alabama-peach-bowl-prediction_us_584f3b56e4b0bd9c3dfe6124

The one thing the author overlooked is just how bad Washington looked against Southern Cal towards the end of the season. 

Alabama has 58 non-offensive touchdowns in the Nick Saban era. They have 12 non-offensive touchdowns this year. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Washington covered the spread (down to +14 now), but they will have to play a flawless game and hope Alabama makes numerous turnovers to end up beating them

12/28/2016 3:24 pm  #8

I agree. Washington is going to have to play their best game of the year to have even an outside chance at an upset.

I like Clemson by 2 in the other game.

12/29/2016 8:22 am  #9

Ok, after much thought, here's where I'm at with the Playoff games:

Alabama 37
Washington 24

Ohio State 24
Clemson 20

12/30/2016 3:07 pm  #10

Of the bowls I've watched so far (and it seems like there is a bowl for every sponsor and any teams that had a .500 or better season), one personal observation: the officiating leaves something to be desired. I never saw so many obvious penalties not called . . . in some cases with an official within a yard or two of the infraction and he doesn't throw a flag. Also, there are booth reviews up the yang-yang. Lastly, from the decisions I have seen, the NCAA and their officials have no intention of strictly enforcing the "targeting" rule.

Board footera