The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2016 4:01 pm  #1

I Was Going To Watch, But...

This year's Army /Navy game will be a huge p/r for Drump so I watched "Coal Miner's Daughter on TCM instead.

12/10/2016 5:22 pm  #2

Re: I Was Going To Watch, But...

flowergirl wrote:

This year's Army /Navy game will be a huge p/r for Drump so I watched "Coal Miner's Daughter on TCM instead.

Who is 'Drump'?

12/10/2016 7:43 pm  #3

That would be the maniac the Russos put into office November 8th.

12/10/2016 8:30 pm  #4

flowergirl wrote:

That would be the maniac the Russos put into office November 8th.

????? Still don't know.

12/11/2016 6:00 am  #5

The game was quite good. I try catch at least part of it each year.
Big win for Army. This is one of those games were rankings and the previous record are meaningless.
Great fun.
Just turned the sound off and got refreshments while the Tsar's face was on the tube.

Last edited by Goose (12/11/2016 6:31 am)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/11/2016 9:54 am  #6

Army-Navy was an outstanding game and congrats to the Army for winning the game for the first time in 15 years!!

Trump's only significant appearance was a brief interview with the CBS announcers at the start of the second half. One of the first things that Trump said was that the football, "wasn't the best". 

What? Army and Navy may not have flashy offenses or SEC talent, but the football played yesterday was just as good as the Ohio St - Michigan game a few weeks ago.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

12/11/2016 10:22 am  #7

Give Trump a break. One of his staff told him Saturday morning that they were going to take him to the Army - Navy game, he thought it was some sort of war games. He wasn't too interested in attending, because of skipping most of his security briefings, he wasn't sure of what he was getting himself into (an all too familiar theme of his campaign and forthcoming presidency). But then somebody told him he could make an appearance on TV (even though it was with one of those know nothing, crooked, lying mainstream media outlets) he decided to grace the people with his presence.

This ground breaking appearance by a graduate of New York Military Academy was an historical occasion.

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/55ae2b7b2acae719008b84d8-700-525/daily%20news%20donald%20trump.jpg

Last edited by Rongone (12/11/2016 10:24 am)

12/11/2016 1:08 pm  #8

TheLagerLad wrote:

Army-Navy was an outstanding game and congrats to the Army for winning the game for the first time in 15 years!!

Trump's only significant appearance was a brief interview with the CBS announcers at the start of the second half. One of the first things that Trump said was that the football, "wasn't the best"

What? Army and Navy may not have flashy offenses or SEC talent, but the football played yesterday was just as good as the Ohio St - Michigan game a few weeks ago.

Now he is an expert on football too !  Is there ANYTHING that this man is not an expert on ?? 

Last edited by tennyson (12/11/2016 1:09 pm)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

12/11/2016 1:54 pm  #9

What a dickish thing for the Orange One to say.
The quality of play was quite high.
And the Cadets and Midshipmen are dedicated student athletes.
Young people to be admired, not ridiculed.

Last edited by Goose (12/11/2016 4:46 pm)

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

12/12/2016 8:57 am  #10

I will say that I do find somewhat ironic that the U.S. Army can train a man to withstand freezing temperatures with no food for a week, or steathily enter a foreign country and kill the world's most notorious terrorist, yet can't train one man to punt a football more than 30 yards. 

I kid you Army. Great job!

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera