The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/31/2015 10:18 am  #1

Rolling Stones announce North American stadium tour

Still going strong!

Rolling Stones announce North American stadium tour

http://www.flipsidepa.com/music/ci_27819465/rolling-stones-announce-north-american-stadium-tour

LOS ANGELES - The Rolling Stones are zipping across North America again.The rock band announced a 15-city stadium tour Tuesday that will kick off May 24 at Petco Park in San Diego, California. Other stops include Columbus, Ohio; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Dallas, Texas; Atlanta, Georgia; Orlando, Florida; and Nashville, Tennessee.The so-called "Zip Code" tour will once again reunite singer Mick Jagger, drummer Charlie Watts and guitarists Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood.The last time the Rolling Stones played North American stadiums was during their "A Bigger Bang Tour" in 2006. They opted for arena venues for their "50 & Counting" tour in 2012 and 2013.

Last edited by Common Sense (3/31/2015 10:18 am)

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/31/2015 10:35 am  #2

Re: Rolling Stones announce North American stadium tour

I saw the Stones once at the old Vet in Philly in 1989 on the Steel Wheels tour. Personally I don't know why anyone would go see them in a massive stadium to play the same repetitive hits.

I do like the fact that they are focusing some of their show on the Sticky Fingers album which IMHO is second only to Let It Bleed in terms of thier best album. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

3/31/2015 11:59 am  #3

I'd rather have a beer with Mick at Basil's in Mustique.

3/31/2015 12:09 pm  #4

Rongone wrote:

I'd have to choose a night out with Keith to be honest. Better stories, I'd guess. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

4/01/2015 10:29 am  #5

TheLagerLad wrote:

Rongone wrote:

I'd have to choose a night out with Keith to be honest. Better stories, I'd guess. 

You may never be sane nor seen again !

Remember that SNL Point Counterpoint where Mike Myers was Jagger and Mick was Keith ?

That was a classic. When Keith (Jagger) starts talking gibberish, Mick (Myers) says he didn't understand him because he must have been speaking Esperanto or something. Definitely cracked me up.

4/02/2015 6:35 pm  #6

Can you believe these guys are still going strong?  I must not be living right.  LOL

Board footera