The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2016 1:19 pm  #1

The tone of this forum...

...is great!  For the past week, the tone of this forum has been fantastic.  Imagine that, myself, just Fred, rongone, common sense, Brady bunch, Tennyson, etc. offering different views, and no hatred and no posts deleted? This is actually starting to look like real forum!

Keep it up!  I like it.

3/12/2016 1:24 pm  #2

Re: The tone of this forum...

Sweet! I agree with you The Man.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/12/2016 1:34 pm  #3

It certainly goes to show we CAN and DO have very different positions (and even sometimes the same) and still keep it "above board". 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

3/12/2016 9:16 pm  #4

Yes, we do have our political differences; and, in this past week we are demonstrating that it is indeed possible to "agree to disagree" or, to disagree without becoming disagreeable.

Nevertheless, as I, an Orthodox Christian prepare to begin the Great Lenten Fast (our calendar is five weeks behind that of Western Christianity and we will celebrate Easter on May 1) I need to ask your forgiveness if in any way I have offended you.   Forgive me, the sinner.

Life is an Orthros.

3/14/2016 2:19 pm  #5

I'm quite happy not to see 23 pages of personality conflicts.

That's a lot of crap to delete. 

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

3/14/2016 8:22 pm  #6

I miss the recipes and culinary discussions, but I am reminded of the Proverb:

Better a morsel in peace than feasting where there is strife.

Life is an Orthros.

3/15/2016 12:18 pm  #7

Me, too, but it is peaceful which is very nice.

3/16/2016 7:09 am  #8

Doesn't seem to be any shortage in new posts.  I'm happy to see that.

It appears discussions are flowing freely now. 

If you make yourself miserable trying to make others happy that means everyone is miserable.

-Me again

---------------------------------------------

3/23/2016 6:44 am  #9

Everyone we all need to say THANK YOU to CT! We don't even know there is a moderator here and except for extreme cases that is the way it should be. He is working behind the scene's each and everyday to see that there are no issues here.

Thanks CT!

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

3/23/2016 3:54 pm  #10

Thank you Conspiracy Theory and LagerLad!  Great moderation is when moderation is used least, and that's what we have now, and it's great!  Horrible moderation is when a moderator goes out of their way to troll posters that they disagree with into arguments, and then deletes their posts when they respond, and thank God we no longer have that here!

This is now a great forum.  Thanks again!

Board footera