The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/10/2016 10:16 am  #1

Argall: Budget proposal threatens efforts to eliminate school property

Argall: Budget proposal threatens efforts to eliminate school property taxes

HARRISBURG – Senator David G. Argall (R-Schuylkill/Berks) released the following statement regarding Governor Wolf’s 2016-17 state budget address:

“Here we go again…more tax increases proposed by the governor. At this rate, I’m afraid that this debate could go on for years. When will the governor realize that this is not a Republican vs. Democrat fight? His calls for higher taxes simply do not have the support of most Pennsylvanians, especially those in Berks and Schuylkill Counties.

“His budget proposal threatens ongoing bipartisan efforts in the Senate to eliminate school property taxes. His tax increases, without an elimination of the school property tax, are a bad deal for our taxpayers.”

Here’s a 33-second video of the Senator saying the above:  http://www.senatorargall.com/2016/02/09/argall-budget-proposal-threatens-efforts-to-eliminate-school-property-taxes/

http://www.senatorargall.com/2016/02/09/argall-budget-proposal-threatens-efforts-to-eliminate-school-property-taxes/

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

2/10/2016 11:00 am  #2

Re: Argall: Budget proposal threatens efforts to eliminate school property

You know, I received an e-mail from Scott Wagner with similar content concerning the newly proposed budget for the state's next fiscal year. Considering the fact the the state STILL DOES NOT HAVE AN AGREED UPON BUDGET FOR THE CURRENT FISCAL YEAR, I found it a little disturbing that our elected officials are already posturing about the next budget. I'm pretty tired of both parties complaining about the other instead of doing their jobs to the detriment of the citizens of Pennsylvania. To try to get that point across to Scott, I sent him the following reply:

Scott:

Instead of throwing a tantrum in the press and e-mail, wouldn't the more professional and mature course of action be to engage the governor's plan through the legislative process of collaboration, cooperation, and compromise to develop a reasonable, on time budget for the benefit of all Pennsylvanians?

Seems to me that would be the more reasonable reaction.

You and your colleagues still haven't learned that the people of Pennsylvania would rather you do your jobs than to engage in obstructionist partisan politics.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Rongone (2/10/2016 11:00 am)

2/10/2016 11:35 am  #3

Hell, everyone involved in this budget fiasco can't even get in a room and figure out how to negotiate a minor increase to the personal income tax, a long term solution to the state store issue, or how best to capture funds from the drilling of natural gas in the commonwealth.

And Argall thinks now is the time he's going to completely reshuffle how education funding gets done in this state?!?

Un-bleeping-believable. 

Hey Senator, let's just focus on getting caught up on last year's budget, prep for passing a 2016-17 budget, and then maybe we'll talk about long term school funding plans down the road.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

2/10/2016 11:51 am  #4

Can you spell DYSFUNCTIONAL ? 

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

Board footera