The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/11/2016 1:04 pm  #1

David Bowie dies of cancer aged 69

David Bowie dies of cancer aged 69

A statement was issued on his social media accounts, saying he "died peacefully, surrounded by his family" after an "18-month battle with cancer".

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35278872
David Bowie - Space Oddity

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

1/11/2016 2:50 pm  #2

Re: David Bowie dies of cancer aged 69

I had a chance to see Bowie live twice. The first time was the Glass Spider Tour at old Veteran's Stadium during the summer of 1987. It was a crazy spectacle.

The second time was in the early 90's during the Sound and Vision tour which was really nothing more than a greatest hits show which left me a little disappointed. Regardless, Bowie was a hell of a showman. 

I read a cool thing this morning that I never knew about. David Bowie performed at the Berlin wall a week before Ronald Reagan's famous "tear down this wall speech". You can read more about it here, but below is a snippet of an interview Bowie did about performing his great song, "Heroes" at the wall....

We kind of heard that a few of the East Berliners might actually get the chance to hear the thing, but we didn’t realize in what numbers they would. And there were thousands on the other side that had come close to the wall. So it was like a double concert where the wall was the division. And we would hear them cheering and singing along from the other side. God, even now I get choked up. It was breaking my heart. I’d never done anything like that in my life, and I guess I never will again.

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/11/2016 2:56 pm  #3

By the way, my Top 5 David Bowie songs, in no particular order

Panic in Detroit

I'm Afraid of Americans

Hang On To Yourself

Life on Mars

Heroes

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

1/29/2016 5:06 pm  #4

Last week, I finally sat down and listened to "Blackstar", which was the album Bowie released two days before he died.

You owe it to yourself to sign up for a free Spotify account and listen to it. I'm not just saying this. While it's just a seven song, 41 minute set, you can put the Blackstar album alongside some of Bowie's best work. Hard to believe he was dying while recording it. 

Board footera