The New Exchange

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/20/2015 4:04 pm  #1

DJ Industrial Average

DJ Industrial Average18,140.57+154.80+0.86%

Stocks Turn Positive on Reports of a Greek Debt Accord

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/stocks-turn-positive-on-reports-of-a-greek-debt-accord/ar-BBhNsSz?ocid=INSFIST10

“We hold these truths to be self-evident,”  former vice president Biden said during a campaign event in Texas on Monday. "All men and women created by — you know, you know, the thing.”

2/20/2015 4:08 pm  #2

Re: DJ Industrial Average

I am somewhat surprised that the Greek deal would affect US markets. Their economy is really quite small.
Perhaps the deal means optimism for the future of the EU?

We live in a time in which decent and otherwise sensible people are surrendering too easily to the hectoring of morons or extremists. 

2/20/2015 5:40 pm  #3

One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute.

William Feather

Last edited by tennyson (2/20/2015 5:41 pm)

"Do not confuse motion and progress, A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress"

2/20/2015 7:51 pm  #4

Goose wrote:

I am somewhat surprised that the Greek deal would affect US markets. Their economy is really quite small.
Perhaps the deal means optimism for the future of the EU?

All the EU did was kick the can  down the road a bit. The bailout extension only lasts four months. And there is still a major disagreement between Greece and them wanting to give up austerity and the EU who wants them to continue it. 

I think you're going to see a lot of different United States of America over the next three, four, or eight years. - President Donald J. Trump

Board footera